Situated in the heart of the pretty village of West Stafford, only two miles from Dorchester, Philip and the team ensure a friendly welcome to all and will endeavour to make your visit a memorable one. We are also close to Hardy's Cottage which can be enjoyed on one of the many beautiful walks or popular cycle routes in the area.
Our head chef Leigh leads a passionate team who endeavour to create great flavours and experiences. All of our dishes are made in house using the freshest ingredients and where possible we always buy local and in season. To sum up our menu its a collision of world flavours with rural Dorset and Great British Classics.
Over 400 years old, the building was originally a cottage belonging to the Floyer estate. Becoming a pub in 1938.
Most of the original building was destroyed by a fire in 2006. After a two year restoration and rebuild it re-opened in 2008 and has been a popular venue for great food and a friendly atmosphere ever since.